contact prisoners’ legal service
GPO Box 257 BRISBANE QLD 4001 AUSTRALIA
PLS lawyers can generally only provide advice and take instructions directly from people in prison.
We know how hard it can be for people in prison to contact us. For this reason, we offer a call back service for friends and family of people in prison.
If you want to contact a lawyer about someone in prison, please complete our online enquiry form.
Please include your email address, telephone number and details of the legal problem that you need information about.
Your enquiry will be reviewed by a PLS lawyer and you will receive a response either by email or by telephone.
- Telephone call backs in response to online enquiries will generally take place on Monday evenings between 6pm-7pm.
- We do not answer calls between 6pm-7pm. You need to complete the online enquiry form to receive a call back or email response.
- PLS can only help with prison and parole issues. We cannot help with criminal charges.
PEOPLE IN PRISON
PLS operates a free telephone advice line from prison.
The prison telephone advice line runs as follows:
LOTUS GLEN, TOWNSVILLE AND CAPRICORNIA
THURSDAYS: 9-11am and 12-2pm
ALL OTHER PRISONS
TUESDAYS: 9-11am and 12-2pm
People in prison can call PLS using the Arunta Prisoner Telephone System (PTS) by:
1. entering their Inmate ID number
2. entering their four digit PIN
3. entering *#05
People who have difficulties contacting us through then PTS can try asking the following people to contact PLS on their behalf:
- correctional officer in their unit
- correctional centre counsellor or cultural liaison officer
- family member or friend (who can lodge an online enquiry)
(07) 3846 5074
Please note that PLS lawyers are generally not available on the administration line. If you would like to be contacted by a lawyer, please complete our online enquiry form.
Feedback and complaints
PLS aims to provide high-quality services to our clients and to ensure that they are treated fairly and with respect at all times.
If you wish to acknowledge someone who has been particularly helpful or if you are not happy with the service provided to you, please let us know.
Feedback and complaints can be communicated to the Director in writing using the contact details listed on this page.
We also have a feedback / complaints survey which can be downloaded here.