contact prisoners’ legal service
GPO Box 257
BRISBANE QLD 4001
(07) 3846 5074 (Administration Line)
Family & friends of prisoners, please note: PLS is a very small community legal centre with limited resources. PLS is unable to provide legal advice to third parties. If you are a family member or friend seeking advice on behalf of a prisoner, we encourage you to tell your loved one to contact us directly on our free telephone advice line or by writing to us.
Prisoner Telephone Advice service available Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays 9:00am to 1:00pm.
Calling PLS using the Arunta Prisoner Telephone System (PTS)
1. enter your Inmate ID number
2. enter your four digit PIN
3. enter *#05
Prisoners who have difficulties contacting us through the PTS can also try
- speaking to the correctional officer in your unit
- speaking to the correctional centre counsellor (if you need special help and you think the counsellor should call on your behalf).
PLS does not practice in criminal law and cannot provide advice or representation to prisoners about their criminal charges. Prisoners seeking advice in relation to criminal charges should contact Legal Aid Queensland or the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Legal Service.