PLS is a community legal centre that provides vulnerable people in prison with legal advice and representation on prison conditions and parole decisions.
We also engage in systemic advocacy seeking improvements to prison practices which promote human rights, enhance rehabilitation, and reduce the likelihood of recidivism.
Our mission is to:
- Reduce imprisonment rates for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Reduce imprisonment rates for people with disability.
- Prevent and address human rights violations in prison.
- Increase safe release through parole.
- Abolish solitary confinement.